• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limb IK feet not pinning in other angles

Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a puppet with multiple angles and added limb IK and what I assumed were the proper tags in all the angles (its worked fine for my puppets in the past) but the limb Ik seems to only be pinning the feet in frontal and my puppet floats in all the other angles. Ground detection works in all angles but not the initial foot pinning. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this meant to be a walking puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically will do 2-3 frame takes for walk cycles, I don't use the walk behavior. However yes I would have like to have it walking which is why I am avoiding fixed pins. None of my other multi angle puppets are having this issue and I have them all rigged the same way. Not sure if there was an update that changed how things work or what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet, and upload/share your .puppet file (via Google Drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, etc.) here or via DM so we can take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response, I was able to figure it out with some trial and error. Wasn't used to needing to pin the shoulders and hips on the top layer, before it seemed to work pinning those on the limbs themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this latest update draggers on the heel tag of my puppets no longer work =[ is there a way to go back to the previous version of character animator? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to go back to previous version of ch animator and it works there so that's good! haha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reccommend exporting the puppet as described above so that the tech team can take a look at it and figure out what's happening with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u guys pls check my post. I have the same problem and more (feet stick the ground) but no one is answering me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceren I ended up rolling back my update to the previous version until they get a fix. That's what I would recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply your .puppet file so we can take a look? You can DM me directly, or offer a cloud link to your puppet. Going back to the old version isn't a great workaround. We just released a new behavior called Leader/Follower that's going to be pretty standard on most new puppet rigs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similiar issue! I have four angles (Profile, Frontal, Side, Back) and Limb-IK on the Master Puppet. It works perfect with the first three views but on the fourth it doesn't. So I gave it its own Behaviors but if I give each angle its own Limb IK Behaviours there is some glitching in the ground recognition - the ground is not on the same point and sometimes glitches. If I use the behaviors on the master, it works perfect for the first three angles! Also the face behavior does not translate to the 4th angle as well as, of course, motion library and body behavior.

Is this an issues because it's a back angle? Because the layer order is different? Because the points line up too much with the first angle? If I deleted all the angles except the back angle, it works on the back angle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a test where I deleted the Profile and Side view, so I only have frontal and back and it worked! So it does not seem to be an issue of different layer order or the the limbs in those views line up perfectly. 

Could it be that the Behaviors on a masster puppet cannot process more than three angles? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funnily enough, even if change the order now in photoshop of the 4 views, Limb IK keeps on recognizing all the angles except the back angle. So the angle order is not the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll copy my response to your similar YouTube comment here: So I believe the way this works is that behaviors are carried through to view tags. So when you name something frontal or left profile, that gets tagged as a new "view" and everything inside it should work the same as any other view. Because we don't have a back view, my best guess is that view wasn't tagged, and so it's not working as expected. If you tag the back folder as an additional view you're not using, like left quarter, then I think it should work.

If not, please post here or DM me your File > Export > Puppet and we'll take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, sorry, saw your comment just now after I replied myself. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, with the help of OkaySamurai I finally figured this one out, even though I'm not sure it even addresses the original posters problem. But I leave my reply here, in case anyone else is going crazy over this. 😉

So, I just had to tag the angles as views for IK to work. Stupid me only named the Frontal ones "Frontal" and the Rest a mix of English/German that Character Animator did not automatically recognize or tag as a view. Since I was not intending to use the Body behavior I didn't bother with the view tags but I should have because now Limb IK translates through to all the angles. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines