Limb IK feet not pinning in other angles

Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a puppet with multiple angles and added limb IK and what I assumed were the proper tags in all the angles (its worked fine for my puppets in the past) but the limb Ik seems to only be pinning the feet in frontal and my puppet floats in all the other angles. Ground detection works in all angles but not the initial foot pinning. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this meant to be a walking puppet?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically will do 2-3 frame takes for walk cycles, I don't use the walk behavior. However yes I would have like to have it walking which is why I am avoiding fixed pins. None of my other multi angle puppets are having this issue and I have them all rigged the same way. Not sure if there was an update that changed how things work or what is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet, and upload/share your .puppet file (via Google Drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, etc.) here or via DM so we can take a closer look?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response, I was able to figure it out with some trial and error. Wasn't used to needing to pin the shoulders and hips on the top layer, before it seemed to work pinning those on the limbs themselves. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this latest update draggers on the heel tag of my puppets no longer work =[ is there a way to go back to the previous version of character animator? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to go back to previous version of ch animator and it works there so that's good! haha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reccommend exporting the puppet as described above so that the tech team can take a look at it and figure out what's happening with the update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u guys pls check my post. I have the same problem and more (feet stick the ground) but no one is answering me 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceren I ended up rolling back my update to the previous version until they get a fix. That's what I would recommend.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you supply your .puppet file so we can take a look? You can DM me directly, or offer a cloud link to your puppet. Going back to the old version isn't a great workaround. We just released a new behavior called Leader/Follower that's going to be pretty standard on most new puppet rigs. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines