• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limb IK Not Affecting Both Arms

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up the Limb IK on the puppet (not the individual arms or limbs) and it only working on the right arm? 

Also, Does Adobe Ch have a solutiuon for ball joint limbs? 

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting with a screen capture! It always helps with more visuals.

I can probably pinpoint the issue better if you can do another capture going through the rig setup. Please show the overall puppet hierarchy, show where the limb IK is set, show where the arm tags are set and show where the dragger is set.

It looks like the Limb IK is not picking up the left arm. It could be because of where the Limb IK is placed, it could be because of the tagging (Left Shoulder, Left Elbow, and Left Wrist), it could be because Dragger is placed under the hierarchy of Limb IK, or it could be because of view tagging.

I can also take a look at your puppet directly and be more specific if you can put your puppet in a cloud drive (Creative Cloud/Dropbox/Google Drive etc.) and put a share link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you quick feebback. I re-rigged the whole thing and got the Limb IK to affect both arms. My 2nd question is about my character's ball-joint  elbows and knees. I have not seen a tutorial on weather or not there is a solution for those kinds of joint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume what you mean by ball-joint elbows and knees is rigid deformation per part.

No, unfortunately, CH is generally designed to work better with soft deformations, not so much with rigid deformations.

This is also partially because CH's IK can only work with limbs being a single connected art, not as separate pieces, like the upper arm and lower arm.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but you may want to check out how Blondyn the Brave is set up. https://pages.adobe.com/character/en/puppet-maker

It has rigid pieces like armor attached to the body and limbs using Leader-Follower.

This may give you ideas to make your robot look like it is made of metal pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answering my question. The knight puppet you sent was similar to what I was looking for. 

I feel like the Hinge option works perfectly for a ball style sholder joint. I look forward to when a higne joint is ready for the knees and elbows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines