• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lip sync cycle layers not working?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have been following youtube tutorials on how to create my first adobe animator puppet and have drawn all the peices including each mouth frame. i used the chad face template and have simply drawn over each peice in photoshop to create my own character.

when i try and use the lip sync that has been created from the audio i've put in the scene, the 'Aa', 'Uh' and 'W-Oo' lip sync motions don't show up and the mouth disapears entirely. i am assuming this is because they are cycle layers, but i thought since the cycle layers worked before i replaced each peice with my own artwork, that it would still work afterwards...? as far as i'm aware no behaviours have been applied to the folders each mouth movement is in and no behaviours have been applied to each frame.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

You have to add Cycle Layer behaviors yourself to the parent of sequences of images. That is my guess the problem. However sharing a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy can help. (You can also look at the LipSync behavior in the properties panel and open up the "Handles" etc sections - it should list all the visemes and what layers they bound to - e.g. did it find the right layer for the different visemes?)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add Cycle Layer behaviors yourself to the parent of sequences of images. That is my guess the problem. However sharing a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy can help. (You can also look at the LipSync behavior in the properties panel and open up the "Handles" etc sections - it should list all the visemes and what layers they bound to - e.g. did it find the right layer for the different visemes?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you that helped ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines