• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Listen to imported scene audio while recording a take.

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record a take I am not hearing the audio that I have imported to the scene and computed lip sync to. There are important audio cues that I need to listen for as I record a take for facial feature movements.

I made sure the audio output in preferences is set to my listening device and I've tried both having lip sync armed and disarmed. Neither produce audio while recording.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not near computer just now to check, but one thing I often do is look at the audio wave form for the audio track. I think you can adjust the height of the waveform, making it easier to see. You can often guess which shapes are the different sounds. Or play back and write down the timeoffsets manually. Or during playback add “markers” to the timeline (you can add them from the menu somewhere). Puts a little blue marker at the time-point. Then you can see them during playback.

I would not rely on sound frankly anyway. During recording, things can get sluggish so the timing might not be accurate anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! The markers sounds like a good idea. I still find it hard to believe you can't monitor the audio. My computer is pretty fast and seems to keep up with the timeline, so I can't imagine sound wouldn't be the best cue. Can you label the markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines