• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for documentation on layer names.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody point me to where I find the documentation on what the required layers and their names are for each of the elements? Also I have been looking at some example files and noticed some differences. For instance in a psd puppet file a mouth layer is named Aa but in a different Illustrator file there is a moth layer named Ah instead of Aa. Does illustrator and photoshop have different requirements for CA? I'm looking to make an Illustrator character that has head turns. Is this possible in Illustrator as well as Photoshop? Any documentation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well with a little searching in the help menu I found a pdf file so maybe that is in there. Not sure if it will cover the differences I noted above just yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it is what I was looking for. I did notice that in Blank puppet and Wendigo puppet there is a difference in the naming of some of the layers. I will just go with the documented guidelines in the pdf. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/pdf/adobe_character_animator_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that's it. 

We did change Ah to Aa. Ah was meant to cover the "a" in "cat" not the "a" in "car". That's covered by, I *think*
 "Uh". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines