• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Spinning beach ball with every edit

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 macbook with 16 gigs RAM and when I first started using CA it was fine. Now I'm 4-5 projects in, and EVERY change I make results in the spinning beach ball for 1-2 seconds. Is there a setting I can play with to help CA run more efficiently?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm running the latest version of ChAn and Mac Big Sur with all the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mac user, so I can't offer much help - a couple of things I can suggest is to check the complexity of your puppet - better yet, try using one of the standard puppets and see if you're getting the same results. Another thing to try is the Beta version of the software which I hear is making better use of your graphic acceleration hardware. Though that may not be applicable to your particular set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I think my puppets are possibly the least complex. I had a guy make them on Fiverr and they're just eyes and mouths when it comes to movement.  Unless I'm misunderstanding what else could be complex about them. Here's a link to a finished video w them if I'm allowed to share here.

https://youtu.be/Cei3MWgfTtQ

Welcome to the Martins and More PODCAST! Today we'll continue talking about THE top 10 Martin Guitars ... this time, according to Maury. Maury & Spoon discuss the along with some interesting history along the way. Sit back & relax as Maury & Spoon get their Martin chat on. If you'd like more ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your animation is one scene that's over an hour long, that could be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm simply dropping in 2 puppets for each person - 1 closeup and 1 2-shot... lip syncing each chaaracter to their hour long audio file and rendering.  Sounds like I should explore breaking these into parts? Sorry, I'm very new and need to research more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could insert a new scene every time you switch from the two-shot to the closeup. That could free up some resources. Also, you can introduce some head tracking by selecting a puppet and recording your head movements - then select the other puppet and do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow thanks. My Fiverr artist didn't make head movements possible; I only supplied him with straight ahead shots & your idea is something I want to eventually graduate to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have been more specific. You should be able to move the head without changing the direction that they're looking. Just pivoting the head on the neck, nothing more complex than that. It really depends on the rigging - you'll probably need a fixed stick for the shoulders to keep the body from looking like it's floating. From the looks of your video, you might have that behavior temporarily disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow ok- thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines