Hi 

i currently have a image with a puppet holding a toothpick in his mouth 

i want his hand to grap the toothpic away from the mouth 

i am using magnets but it is not working Screenshot (1).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from animate>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't recommend magnets for this sort of thing. Instead, I would put the toothpick in a trigger swapset where its default position is on the mouth, and a trigger swaps it to appear in the hand. That will be much more reliable, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What ok said... but expanding slightly more, magnets are not useful to change the parentage of something. Magnets have something follow its parent, or stop moving with parent. As soon as you want the parent to change (in your case, stop moving with head and start moving with hand), you need to use something like different copies and a swapset (as oi said). Eg you can carry then put a cup on a table and leave it there, but if you want to pick it up with the other hand you need a different cup and a swapset to flip between them so it looks the same, but it's actually a different cup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines