• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Recording a Take Easier

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Frontal view for the entire character and this makes it easy to update the character and add new mouths etc. and I have the rig practically perfect, I just need two things.

One: I am using draggers to add movement to the character but every time I turn the recording on for the "dragger", the entire rig goes back to default position. So I have to guess where the next take should be while having the character in the default position. It would be nice to view where the last take is so I can easily animate a character's movement rather than guessing where the next take should be.

Two: I need a way to flip the IK rigs so I can flip the feet right and left.

If these two things happen, I can make a rig that can turn completely around and pretty much do anything I want while keeping the illustrator file connected to the puppet simple and easily updated. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Feature requests , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One trick for the first one is to add two (or more) dragger behaviors. Eg use one for the body and the other for hands. Then turning on a dragger behavior only turns off a subset of draggers. Eg record body movements, then turn on other dragger and add hands. Or go crazy and add a dragger behavior per dragging point!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh sweet! I'll try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines