• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Animal puppets with multi legs and long ears

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a sheep puppet. For a walking character he's pretty simple. His job will be to fall from the top of the scene, bounce a few times, blink, baaaa, and then walk off the scene. I made his whole body draggable so that I can bounce him up and down in the scene. His eyes all work and blink great. He has no mouth so I don't have to worry about his mouth moving it will simply be an audio sound and I will make his head tilt just to add some movement.  I actually got all 4 legs walking great and looking halfway desent when I click the arrow to have him walk. I would also like his long ears and legs to flop around while he's bouncing. For his legs I believe I would use limb LK? What about his ears? I'm thinking something similar to hair like dangle maybe?

Link to sheep puppet 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

It is common for a layer to be controlled by a single behavior - if two want to do it, one loses out.

There is a trick you can try that sometimes works - put the layer in a group then associate one behavior with the group and the other with the nested layer. That is, you could try putting the tags for the two behaviors on different layers and see if you get lucky!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using dangle for the ears has worked out great but using limb IK doesn't really work well with 4 legs. It only sees two and even though I put IK on all four its not working well. Any ideas on how to get his legs to dangle around while he bounces? I'm going to try dangle and see if it still works even with walk on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess dangle and walk behavior is incompatible. you can take a copy of the legs and add dangle them. then hide them for walking and show walking legs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is common for a layer to be controlled by a single behavior - if two want to do it, one loses out.

There is a trick you can try that sometimes works - put the layer in a group then associate one behavior with the group and the other with the nested layer. That is, you could try putting the tags for the two behaviors on different layers and see if you get lucky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved this sheep, it walks very well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g30h9z3ewzuk567/sheep2.puppet?dl=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

note: press w for walk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, use dangle for the ears AND you can tag them as "eyebrows" if your sheep doesn't have them / use them.

Then you can animate them by wiggling yours 🙂

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/how-to-animate-a-hand-drawn-animal/td-p/11404660

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines