Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making your own puppet

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I would like to make my own Dinosour Puppet and i have noticed that the stock puppets dont have this type of character available. therefore I would like to know I could install a photo (perhaps from photoshop) and able to break features of a dinosour down in order to make it move (legs, eyes, arms Mouth etc) within adobe Character Animation. I would LOVE any guidance to making anything like this possible please. Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's got a lot of great videos and the FAQ on his website is a good place to go when you get stuck. Adobe Character Animator Video FAQ (okaysamurai.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Yes. You can certainly do that. I started out in CA's File Tab -> Puppet Maker. You'll get a screen that looks like the image below. I then used Puppet Maker to generate a Template Puppet which I then modified / Painted over in Photoshop to create my own Puppet (see Screenshot from Photoshop Below). As you can see, my final Puppet looks very different. I've also linked to a Post where there's a Video of it doing a Walk Cycle.

To learn more, you can watch YouTube videos by OkaySamurai: https://www.youtube.com/user/okaysamurai.

Regards,

Rajnesh

------

Puppet Maker Screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 7.10.13 PM.png

My Final Puppet in Photoshop:

Final Puppet in Photoshop.png

Video of my Puppet doing a Walk Cycle (Behavior) is attached in this CA thread where I had asked a Question earlier: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/head-and-neck-of-puppet-get-stretched-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines