• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ManyCam suddenly stopped working as an input source

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use ManyCam daily in the office to play MP4s that Character Animator can record movement from. Up until today, no issues. Then suddenly this message pops up:

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.10.50 PM.png

No error code, no explanation. As far as I know we changed nothing in our workflow, preferences, etc. CA just would not recognize ManyCam. We tried a restart, tried downloading a new ManyCam version, clicked every preference we could think of, but there was no video in the camera window and this message kept popping up.

We're on a 2013 MacPro (8-core, D700s) with no other camera input or software. Recently updated to Mojave and all CC 2019 versions of the apps. We have sister MacPro (6-c0re, D300s) with the same software installed and it is working FINE. No issues with ManyCam on that one. We've switched for now but this may seriously impact our workflow if we can't work on both computers.

HELP!

JVK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

You might try this thread: Re: Ch cannot access FaceTime HD camera error  - Mojave changed the security settings on the camera I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try this thread: Re: Ch cannot access FaceTime HD camera error  - Mojave changed the security settings on the camera I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I was pulling my hair out trying to chase this down. I didn't realize there were so many new permissions in the System Prefs under Mojave; anyway I checked the CA box under the Security>Camera prefs and now it's working. Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines