• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping to a rigged character

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to upload and map a pre-rigged character exported as an fbx file to Mixamo, but I got stuck where it says "Make sure that the Embed media option is turned on when creating the .fbx file to embed textures." Where in Mixamo is the Embed media option? I can't find any tutorials for uploading pre-rigged characters either. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think this has been moved to the wrong forum. Character Animator deals with 2D artwork, not Mixamo / 3D artwork. Needs to find the right forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Alan notes, I think this post was misrouted. I know very little about Mixamo, but as long as I'm here, I'll try to help a bit.

I found a few different posts about creating fbx files that refer to embed media or embed textures options: Converting Mixamo Motions | Golaem or Maya export dialog or .fbx - Embed media option for Fbx export - Blender Stack Exchange

I found a few different posts of that sort, so from what I understand the embed media option is in the app that creates the fbx for Mixamo to consume. What app created your fbx file?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help with this. I'm creating my fbx files out of Maya 2018. I looked everywhere I could think of in Maya's export options, but did not find anything regarding Embed media options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your export dialog look like? This one seems to have an embed media section  Export an FBX file from Maya | Maya 2018 | Autodesk Knowledge Network, but maybe yours is different somehow?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the Embed media option in Maya, but Mixamo still did not like the fbx. It was unable to export the existing skeleton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm definitely out of my depth. I'm tracking down a contact internally to see if somebody can help.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo and Fuse are not under active development and so use a bit of outdated technology.  Try exporting your FBX as "FBX 2014/2015" version.  Newer versions of FBX will not upload correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked under the Maya Plug-in manager, but did not find the option to select an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines