• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Transmit Syphon problems - I FOUND A BUG!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!
The bug I found is this:

Suddently, my Mercury Transmit Syphon started to generate more than one Scene in Syphon Client (OBS for example, but I also checked on Syphon Client official App to read it), as soon as I change Scenes in Character Animator, and that thing creates a huge problem, because if I´m transmitting something in OBS that have a Syphon Source with my Character Animator Scene, what happens is that the transmission freezes as soon as I change Scene in Character Animator, because Character Animator creates another Scene in Syphon transmission. And even if you return in Character Animator to the previous Scene, it don´t change to the previous Syphon Scene, it just creates another Syphon Scene.
And this problem never happened before, I mean, I could change whenever I wanted Scenes in Character Animator, and Syphon Scene was only one, it never generated duplicated ones. So I could be in OBS, in a specific Syphon Source that had the Character Animator Scene, and that Scene in OBS was only one, no matter what Scene in Character Animator changes.
What I found:

I created a new puppet from a PSD file, with 5 layers. Each layer I want it Dynamic and Collide, so they fall and Collide with each others. I also want my puppet to have 2 layers that they collide, so that they touch in the PSD Layers. That´s when the problem happens. After doing this, I start to have the problem as explained. Before this PSD puppet file, no problem at all.

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you posted this issue in a separate thread. We recommend anyone using Syphon move to NDI because Syphon can no longer be supported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don´t do that! You cannot recomend that, I use Character Animator mainly because of Syphon. I will write here what I wrote in different post, but you have to understand that this is a bug from Ch, and not Syphon. Syphon works perfectly well, and I tried and saw it that it´s not a problem of my project. If you do this in a brand new project, it will mess Syphon. Please don´t remove Syphon from Ch, Its really important for me, and also for other users for sure.

I will repeat here what I wrote to you in other post:

Hello Daniel, of course, I use NDI a lot, but for this specific thing I do, Sypoh is completly Latency free. I know that NDI is almost with no latency, but there is (Like I don´t know, 20ms or something) that you might tell it´s unnoticeable, but for me that is moving something in real time with sound and looking at another monitor, it does matter a lot. And the thing is: Syphon is not the problem because it works perfectly. The thing is when you add this layers of dynamics and collide, it does what I explained. It would be very important if I could show this to you, by discord or something... That would be great for the community, and for all of us that helps Adobe every day to become better and better 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel have you read my answer?

Syphon is completly Lag Free, I make a lot of use of it LIVE!
NDI, for much that is awesome, have some latency (I know, it´s very small, but noticeable), that´s enough for my mouth not synced in the software where I receive the Scene, or even some movements that I do and that I need to look at them on the receiving software, and continue my animations looking at that screen. The thing is: Syphon is perfect! We have it on Apple, I bought an M1MAX 64GB for this!!! That´s a huge lot of money invested in something that cannot dissapear... Apple would not be happy to know that their clients need this kind of communication, that´s why they buy these computers, and clients like me want to continue to use Apple and Adobe, but we need Syphon. The Syphon page shows "Ch" as one of the many software that uses this technology. Please do whatever you need to continue Syphon inside Ch. And of course it would be great that you fixed this bug I found. There´s a bug for sure. I am available to make a video call if you want me to show the problem LIVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. I'm not getting email notifications for the forum responses, so I'll need to figure that out. I'm at Adobe MAX right now, but send me a PM through the forum and we can schedule a time to do a screen share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ok I will 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am one of the Authors of Syphon. Im curious to learn what roadblocks there are to keeping Syphon supported in Character Animator. I ask this not in a critical manner, simply to understand the issue, respond to concerns and help clear a path to continue adoption. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You AntonSE61, this is a huge thing for me! I really need this to keep my live streaming going on! Syphon is FLAWLESS!!! it´s SO good to have it on Adobe Character Animator, hope that you can help me getting Syphon again on Ch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm here again because I need rocket you know something: for users like me that have a MacBook Pro M1MAX64GB it's very frustrated what is happening. NDI, that tool you tell us to use because you simply took off Syphon, don't work too well with OBS28 Mac Arm version. NDI 5 is lagging and have audio problems, so the devs from Obs-Ndi took off the obs-Ndi5 and they are for more than 2 or 3 months trying to get things working again. I had to take off NDI from equation, and now I do t have Character Animator!!!! Syphon is PERFECT.

please do something, put syphon again and let me explain the error that syphon have. I can't believe this is happening, I used to have a live stream project, I always defended Adobe, but now I am really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs on this issue.

All I know is that I had a ChAn puppet work with the Syphon Client in OBS Studio sometime in 2022, but upon upgrading to ChAn 2023 (ver 23.6) this Syphon support was lost for some reason.  The fix I found was, from the Adobe Creative Suite home, to install the older version of ChAn (ver 22.5).  This was the latest version I found for which ChAn and Syphon worked.  By worked, I mean that ChAn showed up as a source in the properties of the Syphon Client).  Not sure if this helps, but it got me back to the state and the minimal features I needed from ChAn.  Maybe going back to an old version will work for you too?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jason, this is what you need to use Ch2023 with Syphon:

https://github.com/Syphon/Syphon-Transmit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for this github link.
I will look into it as a solution.
In my simple use case, I am not using Syphon Client in Live Stream (as
your screenshots show in the github info section) rather just in the Record
screen mode.
When I get a chance, I will try your solution.

Best

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
*Jason Osborne, Ph.D.*
(Web) *unConcise* <>
(Blog) *unConcise/math* <>
(YouTube) *@unconcisemath <>*
(LinkedIn) *unconcisemath <>*
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines