Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion library not for all?

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I just discovered the Motion Library and watched Okay Samuri's video on it. I was looking to play with it on some of the pre-built characters. however, it seems like some work for this and some don't despite being built the same. 

I see that they need Behaviors: Bosy and Limb IK

I also know that they need the rigging and they all seem to, but most just seem to stand there when choosing from the motion library. Any advice or insight?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To work properly, the characters need three behaviors: body, limbIK and motion library. There are several puppets that are specifically designed for motion librarary here: Motion Library (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I know there are some specifically designed for it, but for example, I was trying to that with some other puppets, with all that added (body, limbIK and motion library all added and limb rigging) and they just stand there. 

kimU_0-1678284231689.png

kimU_1-1678284249387.png

I just don't see why it's not working as it seems the same as the preset characters, yet it's not. The character just stands there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me which puppet(s) are you having trouble with and I will take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

It's one named Cecy. 

i was reading some other comments and some are saying it's because of fixed tags and I found one and deleted that tag, but that didn't work. 

Some are also saying they have had to delete the limb rigging and recreate it as in his tutorials I haven't tried that yet, but seems strange that that would be the fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Puppet Maker puppets are sometimes strange animals. I'll take a look when I get a chance later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Related thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/rigging-issues-is-not-working-with-the...

General guidance is to place the Body, Limb IK, and Motion Library behaviors at the root of the puppet, which is NOT necessarily at the top layer. This is especially important for the Puppet Maker puppets which are structured with the puppet and the background at the top level.

jsaito_0-1678308588547.png

In the case of Cecy, the minimal required rigging is just adding the Motion Library behavior at the "Puppet" layer as it already has the Body and the Limb IK behaviors

jsaito_1-1678308764295.png

This is generally all you need to do for many Puppet Maker puppets. You may need additional rigging depending on which puppets you are interested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines