• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue where the it's the smile / surprised / neutral mouths are the only ones that move. But it's only picking up my silent mouth movements vs when I'm actually talking. I have more mouths but only those 3 are showing up. 

Was wondering if someone could help? I'm also unable to post my puppet/ PSD file here. It says it's not the proper file type. Would appreciate the help! 

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pearhelp.png

I can upload this screenshot though. They all have a 1 by them which according to the video I watched means that they should work/sync with my mouth? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The '1's are good. I would check the microphone is working with CH. E.g. CH does not use the default system audio input. If its not picking up your voice, (or the LipSync track is not enabled so not recording), that would be one reason it is not working.

One thing you can do. If you try a recording, do you get a LipSync track? Are there visemes on it with names like "A"? If no Visemes, can you add one (right click on the track)? If you can add one manually and it works during playback, then it sounds like a recording problem. If you add visemes by hand and they are not displayed, then its a different problem.

For file uploads, yes, there is a size limit. You can upload to DropBox, Google Drive, or similar and get a "shared link" you can share here instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u5IQu4ulfH3NmuWNDGOF-Q1vpdR4ylWA/view?usp=sharing

Here's the link. I included the Photoshop file as well as I exported the puppet file. 

When I did a recording I am able to get the lip movements but I realize they aren't syncing up to what I'm saying. 

Also whenever I talk, the audio in the top right will light up so it is reacting to my voice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I loaded it up, did a quick recording, you can see the recording track picked up visemes etc. That is, I think the puppet rigging is okay.

alank99101739_0-1642997825000.png

If you record a track from your microphone and play it back, is the sound quality okay? I stretched the recorded audio track taller wondering why not accurate - then realized it was recording out of a second microphone I had plugged into the back of the computer. The audio was picking up lots of background noise rather than my voice! Lol. But you can see how flat the audio is (with a base level with lots of noise from the computer fan). When you do a recording, what does your waveform look like? Does it go a lot higher while you are talking?

alank99101739_1-1642997962392.png

Basically I am guessing its an audio quality problem - the rigging you have seems fine. How good is the lipsync? Ummm. Buyer beware! (You can give it a script now to improve the accuracy.) Is there lag? Could be... I would record some short words and line up the visemes with the audio bursts. (And be aware if feeding into OBS or other software - they can also inject delays.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines