• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth not Working

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I have trouble with getting my mouth shape to show up on character animator. I did visualize the mouth shapes in photoshop. 

Attach is the photoshop and the charactor animator screenshots just to clarity what are those 😊

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything looks normal. What appears to be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It like when I talk in the mic, the puppet doesn't do those mouth shapes as expected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the mouth move at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried arming my mic and opening my mouth to say the "Aa" sound. The mouth does not move on the puppet even though I armed it in photoshop. It still has that smily face but no movement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mouth is sound based, not camera. Opening and closing your mouth won't create any activity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does lip sync work with the example puppets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that but the mouth shapes doesn't get transferred from photoshop to character animator. Do I have to arm it somewhere in the character animator software...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the mouth shapes with multiple layers, like "Aa" and "Uh" in your example will need the cycle layer behavior to work properly. Since the mouth behaves like a swap set, only the default, neutral shape needs to be visible in the puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the mouth shapes appearing in my scene but it cycles way too fast. Is there a button to slow the shapes down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Puppet panel, select the group that has the Cycle Layers behavior, then at the bottom of the Properties panel set the Cycle Layers Advance Every parameter to 2, 3, or 4 frames (default is 1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to can't get the visemes to show up at the properly to match with my voice 

Philip23998126e6jj_2-1654909022120.pngPhilip23998126e6jj_3-1654909030916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you have the Mouth Group tag applied to all your mouth shape groups. Try removing that tag from all the mouth shape groups and tagging only the "Mouth" group as Mouth Group.

Also, if you click that little CoSA_DaveS_0-1655192530313.png triangle icon in the bottom left it will show you riggering warnings that might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines