• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth "Oh" shape comes in as multiple objects

Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a puppet that imports into Character Animator almost completely correctly, but the "Oh" shape for the mouth comes in as nested objects. Most all of the mouths I've set up using multiple vector objects, but this is the only mouth that doesn't come in as a single object. The image below shows the group structure for the Oh and the R shapes.

Yet it comes into Character Animator as shown below where the middle of the shapes . Note that the R shape imported just fine.

I'm not seeing that it's causing any problems, but I can't seem to figure out what's different about this mouth than the others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Although the "Oh" group has paths called "<Path>", they are really not unnamed -- for whatever reason they are named "<Path>". If you delete the text, then press Enter, although it still shows "<Path>", it's now unnamed. That should then allow the adjacent unnamed paths in the group to be combined into one layer in the Puppet panel.

Unsure what in Illustrator caused those "<Path>"-named paths, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a link to the file (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) for us to diagnose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a PM with the Dropbox link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. At first I thought it was because the bottom path in the "Oh" group had a stroke, but removing it (like in "R") didn't seem to make a difference. We'll look into it more. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although the "Oh" group has paths called "<Path>", they are really not unnamed -- for whatever reason they are named "<Path>". If you delete the text, then press Enter, although it still shows "<Path>", it's now unnamed. That should then allow the adjacent unnamed paths in the group to be combined into one layer in the Puppet panel.

Unsure what in Illustrator caused those "<Path>"-named paths, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines