Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth shape morphing?

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Is it possible to morph mouth shapes to create in between or tween shapes or images directly (well automaticaaly 🙂 ) in Character Animator? I've lloked for several tutorials but could not find a topic regarding this issue? 

Thanks in advance

Halil

TOPICS
How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about automaticly generating tween mouth shapes, but using cycle layers will let you play a series of shapes for a single viseme. If your mouth shapes were created in Adobe Illustrator, you could try using the blend tool to create tween shapes and make those part of your cycle layers in Ch.

Check out this tutorial https://youtu.be/sc9S65Zn9XQ (jump to 11:18) 

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

Cycle layers will play a fixed animation, am I right? I was just imagining a smooth transition from Aa to Ee, Aa to Oh and many other combinations. It would be great if the blend tool is included in CA, Maybe my question may be considered as a future rquest. I will try to figure out a solution using cycle layers. As it is possible to create emotional mouth shapes, I can create several mouth shape blends and use that conditoannally.

Thanks for the help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines