• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mouth triggers problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having a problem with mouth triggers. The neutral position works fine, but half the face disappears when I witch to the Ah or the smile. See attached video or link below. Any help would be appreciated. 

https://capture.dropbox.com/bzmiD9P5Fj4l4a7M

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to show us a screencapture of the hierarchy of the face rigging for the puppet? It would be helpful to see how you have the mouth set up to see if anything is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out. I was trying to trigger the Ah mouth, but that doesn't work as a trigger on its own. I duplicated the layer, named differently, and placed separately outside the mouth heirachy. 

How would you handle it?

Thank you for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three mouth positions that respond to face tracking - Neutral, Smile and Surprised. If you want to have different mouth shapes, such as sad, that still respond to audio tracking, then you need to create a separate swap set with the mouth. It would look like this:

Mouth

Sad

(sad visemes)

Normal

(normal visemes)

And so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That idea was to create a swap set that includes the Ah face and can be triggered by a key. Just adding a trigger to the Ah layer didn't work. I needed to duplicate it in AI, rename it, and move it out of the mouth group. How would you handle making a trigger for the Ah face?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, renaming it and keeping it in the Mouth layer didn't work? If it's not part of the mouth swap set, then the other mouth parts will stay visible when you trigger it. I'd offer to take a look at your puppet, but I'm afraid I don't have time to do that just this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think just creating a duplicate layer and renaming it worked. I think I had to move it out of the mouth group. But perhaps it's something I did wrong. Either way, I figured out a way that works. Whether it's the most efficient way, not sure. 🙂

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital puppets has a great video that talks about extra mouths (and expressions triggers) that you might find helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-zAv5Zj_U

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll take a look. Really appreciate everyone's response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines