Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving background backward and forward

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

I was watching a Mr.Bean video on youtube and I counldn't figure how they made the moving background scene.

Please use the link below to watch just 7 second of the eposide that I am talking about. (From 1:29 - 1:37 )

Joy Ride | Funny Episodes | Mr Bean Official - YouTube

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my guess. First, notice there is a car Behind, so you cannot see the central focal point (The end of the road). I think that is necessary. Also note the the buildings have regularly spaced windows on the buildings. I bet what they have done is drawn an image carefully with perspective measurements correct, then they scale the image smaller (which makes the windows on building look like they are disappearing into the background). You have a few frames of that (e.g. 4) where the 5th frame lines up exactly with the first frame. That is, the background image needs to be bigger than the real background. Then just use cycle layers to flip through the frames.  (Or use transpose to scale the image for 1 second getting smaller, then reset to the original size and scale smaller again etc.)

If that does not make sense I will try to mock up an example.

But basically it is an background image scaling smaller, but you reset it periodically by carefully lining it all up so it just cycles over and over again. If you saw the middle focal point at the back it might look weird. You might also need to transpose the X/Y coordinate if you use Transform - hence static images in a cycle layer I think would be easiest To get it all to line up correctly once you know the speed the buildings are meant to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be more than happy to see a video of that. I think there are more things including how to make perspective measurements correct. Your help will be very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It is an amazing question and I agree with @alank, movement can be altered by changing the scaling properties of the background.

Additionally, you might want to have a look at this video: Moving Backgrounds and Foregrounds In Adobe Character Animator - YouTube

It explains the process to move the background left and right.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines