• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My eyes Wont Move With My Head and My body Will not stay still

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to animate my puppet, Although I want my body to move with my head, my body is will not stay in place at all and my head will only turn, but not move side to side. My eyeballs also do not move with my head. If someone could provide me with assistance that would be great. Files included for reference.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

As said, the nesting is very important. I am pretty sure it looks for the layer with the Head tag first, then looks under that for Left Eye and Right Eye. Then under than it looks for eyelids etc. So when the eyes are not nested inside the Head layer, it does not actually find them.

You can check what it does and does not find in the Behaviors section. Expand the "views" and "handles" sections and it will show the layers the behavior bound to. A zero means it found nothing. Fixing the nesting as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie, can't help with the body, but I see that +Left Eye and +Right Eye are not part of Head.  You may also benefit from creating a group under "Head" called "Eyes".  Place both your eye groups beneath that.  Helps to reduce clutter.

Edited to remove some bad advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As said, the nesting is very important. I am pretty sure it looks for the layer with the Head tag first, then looks under that for Left Eye and Right Eye. Then under than it looks for eyelids etc. So when the eyes are not nested inside the Head layer, it does not actually find them.

You can check what it does and does not find in the Behaviors section. Expand the "views" and "handles" sections and it will show the layers the behavior bound to. A zero means it found nothing. Fixing the nesting as suggested has a good chance of fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines