• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My head disappeared

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in the image below that the eyes, mouth, nose face background are all in the head

puppet-screenshot-RIG.jpg

but when you click back to record the head dissapears

puppet-screenshot-RECORD.jpg

Not sure what I did wrong. I followed the instructiosn ont he YouTube vid. This is my first try at this so please be kind. 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very interesting. Did you make any changes to the head in Photoshop (or Illustrator)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I followed along with the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL024_E1AUk&lc=Ugwwocj-pukOwSF5dTF4AaABAg.9Z2MCHiVCV_9ZAR2172m6K

I changed the eye color, shirt color, skin colors and added our logo to the t-shirt

it is always odd things that trip me up. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If AlanK's suggestin doesn't work, then would you mind exporting your puppet (Click on the File tab, click on "Export" and then "Puppet") and uploading it to something like dropbox so we can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend making the "face background" layer *not* independent. Usually when all children of a layer (Head in your case) are independent its usually a mistake. Without this, things wont attach well (which means head could be visible but off the screen)

I would then check your swapsets. There are only a few ways to make things disappear: swap sets, head turner, body profiles (walk behavior). So I would check them first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately that didn't work. I think that's the crown that makes it independent, correct?

I didn't swap out anything, just changed colors and added the logo.

I should start over again. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines