• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My left eye has a mind of its own and my head warps with my eyebrows.

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I've tried to match the settings and tags from Chad on the home screen to my character but my left pupil just goes where it wants and the top of my head moves with my eyebrows, which actually don't move that much. 

I can't share my character b/c it's not public ready but I have taken screen shots of the layers, the behaviors and the errors. I will say that my character is set up so that the face is infront of the eyeballs to try to cover the pupils when they dart to the side (he's reptillian in nature so his eyes are wideset and bulge out past the line of the face shape)

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

I had a similar issue. It got resolved when I made a +master layer in the name of my character and dragged all the parts of the character into the +master layer (+ indicates independent/crown layer in Ch). I was using illustrator. But it should work with photoshop as well.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your eyebrows are moving the top of your character's head, then most likely they haven't been set to be independent.  Enable the crown icon for your eyebrows in the Rig panel.

Regard the left eye:  Does the eye look correct but the pupil isn't moving the way you want?  Make sure you have tagged it as Right Pupil.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have the crown next to their layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case helpful, I wrote up a blog post on how I debug eyes. A few years old now, but still helps some people: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

It is normally a tagging problem, but finding the stray tag can be a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue. It got resolved when I made a +master layer in the name of my character and dragged all the parts of the character into the +master layer (+ indicates independent/crown layer in Ch). I was using illustrator. But it should work with photoshop as well.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines