• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mouth disappears if I don't smile at it.

Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird one. I have been following the Animation Workflow Character Animator tutorial (it's GREAT!) but I just hit a snag. I am trying to have the mouth shapes become available when I hit a trigger. One of them fouls up. When I touch the number 3 it should smile but when I touch 3 the mouth disappears - unless I smile.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 12.26.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-06 at 12.26.33 PM.png

How do I correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like maybe you are missing a tagged neutral mouth layer?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Please take a look.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 2.22.04 PM.png

I have switched around the 'Singles' to be below the 'Mouth' but it didn't help. The instruction I have been working on is by OkaySamurai who does instruction on how to make puppets. I am afraid that there is something I'm just not seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, today, I am not getting either mouth. I can't seem to get the piece back to the regular mouth. I swear if it wasn't for bad luck I'd be having no luck at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1: Find your face behavior (on root of puppet by default) and open up the Handles/Views whatever. You should be able to see all the viseme names and the layers each one is bound to. For example, if there is another layer with the viseme tag on it, the behavior might have picked that one instead of the one you wanted.

Step 2: Try clicking the scene refresh button (two arrows in a circle). Sometimes it clears issues and is easy to do.

Step 3: Click on each of the layer names in rigging and check the tags over in the properties panel. CH does not use the layer name, it uses the tag. So even if the layer name is correct, if the tag has been turned off, it won’t work. CH assigns tags to layers based on names automatically When loaded, but you can change it afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Alan. In particular step 3 above is key. From the picture of the layers panel, there are neutral layers, but my best guess about the behavior above is that somehow those layers are not actually being tagged as neutral mouths so they don't show up (I can recreate the behavior you're describing by untagging my neutral mouth layers).

If you want to send me a link to the puppet privately, I can look over the rigging and try to help spot the issue.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines