• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My puppet won't pivot from the torso/waist, only from the head ... ? Any advice

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone -- I'm having trouble figuring out how to have my character sway from side to side from the torso/waist. In the past this wasn't an issue, the head origin would be at the neck and the whole puppett's origin would be set to the mid section with the feet pinned down so the charcater could realistically sway in place. I'm getting back into animator for the first time in a few years and now i'm having trouble with what was once rather basic. Any advice or ideas on I may be overlooking? For reference, I tage label and tag everything proeprly from illustrator to animatior and layer my puppet as such +Character -> Head (+frontal, +upward etc.) -> Body (+Left & +Right). 

Thank you for any feedback! Best, Brian 

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Update for anyone who may have had a similar issue. The solution was not having the body sub-layers (standing, left, and right) labeled as warp indipendent. It's easy to confuse this with the head grouping because while the main head group is not indipendent, the sub-layer heads (+frontal, +left quarter etc.) are labeled indipendent for the head-turner behavior in animator. With this adjustment the character now moves as one assuming the characters origin is moved to the torso and the head posit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update for anyone who may have had a similar issue. The solution was not having the body sub-layers (standing, left, and right) labeled as warp indipendent. It's easy to confuse this with the head grouping because while the main head group is not indipendent, the sub-layer heads (+frontal, +left quarter etc.) are labeled indipendent for the head-turner behavior in animator. With this adjustment the character now moves as one assuming the characters origin is moved to the torso and the head position and scale strength is turned down to connect with the neck. Hope this helps  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

We appreciate you writing in and sharing your findings. We're sure it will be helpful for other too.

Let us know if you have any questions for us.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines