• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Puppet won't show surprised or smile face. Why?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lip sync works fine, but the smile and surprised expressions refuse to appear while recording.  It just stays at the nuetral mouth no matter what I do.  I have them tagged as such.

defaultstuj9zc6beih_0-1623204164121.png

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the camera on? Those two are driven by camera, unlike other mouth positions which are driven by audio processing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I have not used the software for a bit - i cannot find surprised and smile in mouth any more for most of the sample puppets. Stardust has smile and surprised under the Neutral layer for example. I am wondering if they changed how it worked recently. (I am running 4.2 on my computer it says.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so Wizard works fine. If you look in the Face behavior, and expand Replacements / Mouths / Smile and Surprised, is the number 0 or 1? If zero the Face behavior did not find those facial expressions. Oh, when recording, did you have the Face behavior enabled? It is what does smile and surprised (not the lipsync behavior).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah my camera is fine.  The replacement mouths are missing.  They are also tagged appropriatly as smile and surprised.  How do I add them to the replacements section?

Thanks for the help so far.

defaultstuj9zc6beih_1-1623239229159.png

defaultstuj9zc6beih_2-1623239297054.png

defaultstuj9zc6beih_3-1623239308983.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Mouth layer have "Mouth" and "Mouth Group" on it? I am looking at the Wizard puppet and the Replacements section. There is "Mouth Group" above "Smile". I am wondering if Face looks for Smile and Surprised under Mouth Group (whereas Lipsync looks for Visemes under "Mouth" tagged layer?). In the Face behavior, could you expand out the Replacements for Mouths as much as you can and share a screenshot? (I never worked out why there is a Mouth and Mouth Group tag - this might be the final reason! They are used by different behaviors!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried expanding everything from the mouth group and this is what I got.  The smile and surprised section have 0 things.

defaultstuj9zc6beih_0-1623280060671.png

The Mouth group also has "Mouth" and "Mouth Group" I think (based on the photo below).

defaultstuj9zc6beih_1-1623280156990.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines