• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a puppet. Suggestions on where to start pay or make my own.

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am a novice at animation and am learning as I go here. I am in a band tyhat wants to start doing some music videos ands/or podcasts or posters etc. I want to get the band "puppets". There are five of us. I am sure there are inexpensive or even free apps/web sites where I can upload an image and have it caertoonized ( if that is a word haha). So my questions are:

1.What does a puppet file have to be? Can be literaly anything that comes out of photoshop? So I get someone to draw a cartoon of each of us and then strick it in phjtoshop etc.

2. Are there sites out there that will take a photo and turn it into a cartoon that you would suggest?

3. I am sure there are peopel to pay out there but we do not have a lot of money which is why I am learning these programs.

Any sugestions would be great help.

Rob

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

You can't just use any image from Photoshop (or Illustrator). You need to create elements in clearly labeled layers and folders. I suggest you watch some of the fantastic youtube tutorials Okay Samurai has created. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCksFMvX6ym2dM5GkUkTT93g

You can commission a puppet (or purchase a premade puppet) on various sites (including ours). Checkout the 3rd party link on the Adobe site;

https://character.adobelanding.com/thirdparty/

Hope that helps and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Rob!

There is a feature in Adobe Character Animator that is called Characterizer. Using Characterizer you can turn yourself into an animated puppet in no time. You can read more about the Characterizer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/characterizer.html

Another way to get a puppet is to find free puppets on the other websites (like our Nelson puppet) or purchase a premium puppet (like Albert and Roger puppets). Of course, it will not be the puppets representing yourself but some other characters.

Otherwise, you can always use a service and ask for a custom puppet.

Hope it helps.

AnimationGuides.com Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines