Need Character Voice over

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Polar Bear character in Character Animation and now am looking for a voice. I need a text to speech program that doesn't sound so robotic and that the voice sounds kind of cartoony. I'm unable to use Google Text-to-Speech because I'm a Mac person.

I was wondering if there are any website/programs out there that generates a character voice over that I can download and import to Character Animator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Wavenet voices from Google are the best quality that I know of, but limited emotion still. https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/wavenet 

There is also Amazon Polly SSML Tags Supported by Amazon Polly - Amazon Polly - you can put emphasis on words it looks like, but no “anger”, “crying” etc.

Not sure I understand the “Mac” person comment - I am pretty sure they are cloud hosted services. You download the files afterwards I think. There might be a trial / test site I hope, otherwise might need a simple program to talk to them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not go to Fiverr and get a real voice-over pro to do it for a few bucks?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client doesn't want an outside voice. They need to be able to make multiple changes and changes within the day if needed. He also wanted to have the same voice for the character. So he didn't want to depend on one person to do the voice over.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the problem with computer voice synthesis is the value is being driven from voice UI and devices like Alexa and Google Home. The first value is a clear, stable voice.  Once that is completely licked, then emotions might become worthwhile. Brands do value a standard company voice, so I think it will happen, just lower priority. (Educated guess.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines