• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help to fix this small issue (CH) CHaracter Animator

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how can I make the eye box smaller? I use the Tull character eyes for my character, but the left eyes are off screen. The right eye works perfectly it just the left.

left eyes.PNGCapture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

One thing that was not clear to me is whether the eyes and all the hidden variants in the right place in the original artwork? You need to un-hide them all to check (Then hide them again).

You can also move them in CH, but that won’t affect the artwork file. I am wondering if this is the case...

Or... rereading your description, is the artwork for both eyes in the same layer by mistake? So moving one moves both? The screenshot only shows Left Eye- I don’t notice a right eye hierarchy... maybe chop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Character Animator

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either your artwork file has it moved off the edge, or you moved it in CH. If correct in your artwork file, use the eye icon to show it in Ch and drag it back.

It is common to hide layers in Photoshop/Illustrator and drag the group, leaving the hidden layers behind. You need to unhide everything first, move, then rehide. I don’t know a better way myself - let me know if you find one!!

There may be a “reset layer” menu item, but I use it so infrequently I could not vouch for whether it would losing other tags and rigging etc. Dragging things is the safest answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move my character into the other puppet. If I did the other way around it keep deleting it self so I move my puppet to avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from your two images, the large box in the first image is indicating that part of it is elsewhere.

When looking at the second image you can see that the blink image is showing up in the bottom corner of the box in the first image.

Re-align that blinking image in Ai/Ps and the box around the eye should cover only that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. There both on the the eye. When  I save it and check it. The other eye is off screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the bit you need to move, check that nothing else is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that was not clear to me is whether the eyes and all the hidden variants in the right place in the original artwork? You need to un-hide them all to check (Then hide them again).

You can also move them in CH, but that won’t affect the artwork file. I am wondering if this is the case...

Or... rereading your description, is the artwork for both eyes in the same layer by mistake? So moving one moves both? The screenshot only shows Left Eye- I don’t notice a right eye hierarchy... maybe chopped off screen. Just check the left and right eye artwork is in the right spot in the puppet hierarchy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it! thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines