• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Body & Head Movements.

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm fairly new to adobe character creator, I can't figure out how to make the head and body move around smoothly. At the moment the top of the head seems to be stuck while the bottom of the head and body moving too much that it's warping the shape. I used the Barbarasaurus puppet from adobe as the template for my puppet.

link to my puppet here

Hope someone can help me thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Okay, I tried the puppet. I put independence on for the following layers (see the red highlight). Then it seems to work pretty well for me.

By making them independent they attach to the parent head mesh and follow it - but do not control the position of the parent mesh. When not independent, you have two behaviors trying to control the same mesh and only one wins. That is all I did and it seems to work reasonably well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to have a look later, but if you want to hunt it down yourself it is usually a wrong tag somewhere. I try deleting tags one by one to find it. If you turn the mesh view on in the scene window (a little pentagon at the bottom of the panel full of triangles) it will show a yellow mesh of triangles. If you move the puppet with this on you can usually see which part of the puppet is locked down, which gives a hint of which tag it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, sometimes its a matter of making s layer independent rather than deleting a tag. eh making the eyes our mouth independent sometimes help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tried the puppet. I put independence on for the following layers (see the red highlight). Then it seems to work pretty well for me.

By making them independent they attach to the parent head mesh and follow it - but do not control the position of the parent mesh. When not independent, you have two behaviors trying to control the same mesh and only one wins. That is all I did and it seems to work reasonably well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much!!! that did the trick. thanks for explaining what the independent means too that was super helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines