Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help With Parallax Walk

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use the livestream section to do my live lessons i lately looked at a video of okay samurai which is this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbNXq8NTIWk&t=393s
i implemented this into a lesson i made it worked really good but now i need some help with another lesson i am making you should watch this video since its hard to exmplain with just words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW_VGjxJJnk
can you please help me ,Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature requests , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. No solution yet? Is it even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a pretty complex setup with so many characters and background elements. And that walk thing I showed in the video was always a bit of a hack. Basically what is happening here is when you add additional tags to your background layer, it is thinking those are part of the leg, so it starts to move as if it was a leg - which is why you see the acceleration/deceleration happening, as if the leg was moving back and forth.

You may be able to add additional walk behaviors to each background character group, which could help give them each their own walk to deal with. But these kind of nested puppets can run into their own issues, where you might not get all the behaviors and triggers you're expecting.

Another way to potentially do it would be to make the animal puppets separately as their own isolated rigs, get them working how you want, and then bring them in separately, dragging them into your background rig.

A final option would be to simplify the background characters into some kind of cycle layers sequence or replay where they don't rely as much on live behaviors.

If this was for a recording, yes, this would be a lot easier compositing all this stuff in Premiere or After Effects, but the live aspect does make it more complex (I've never tried anything exactly like this). Hope these tips help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You may be able to add additional walk behaviors to each background character group"

Thank you Very much. 

What i did is The whole File Has The Walk Behaviour to Combine Than i have seperate walk behaviours On the puppets and those will be to the Override Interaction And it works the puppet walk overrides the actual walk behaviour of the whole thing. Would You make a video About Tips and tricks For Livestreams. I think this is a very fun way of using the walk behaviour. Thank you very very much it helped a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines