• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with rigging

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the torso to be fixed in place and for the head to be able to move without distorting. My current setup causes the head to float. please help

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

It looks like Body is not nested inside Chad (its at top level, not a sibliing of Head). I would try that as a first step - move it inside Chad, as a sibling to Head.

Also beware of "unused" at the top. It can cause problems. Hidden artwork is still part of a puppet and affects warping etc. CH assumes you might want to add a trigger to make it visible for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Inside the body layer, create a handle at the base and give it the "fixed" tag. Often, I will use the Stick Tool to create one long handle that runs the length of the base of the puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Body is not nested inside Chad (its at top level, not a sibliing of Head). I would try that as a first step - move it inside Chad, as a sibling to Head.

Also beware of "unused" at the top. It can cause problems. Hidden artwork is still part of a puppet and affects warping etc. CH assumes you might want to add a trigger to make it visible for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright so i removed unused and moved body below head in chad. What's the proper way of of pinning the body?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the body layer, create a handle at the base and give it the "fixed" tag. Often, I will use the Stick Tool to create one long handle that runs the length of the base of the puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i prevent it from stretching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a way to fix it, but I don't remember at the moment. Try moving the fixed handle to a different layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had to adjust the head tilt strength. Thanks for the help guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines