• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newtek NDI plugin not available in Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, installing the NDI tools and nothing is showing up with CC2020. 

I've attempted all the fixes listed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/ndi-doesn-t-show-up-in-character-animator/m-p/9179... 

But still not seeing the NDI plugins anywhere on the CC file system. 

Is there a bug with NDI and 2020?

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

I'll reply to myself. I had to install either Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe After Effects first and then reinstall NDI Tools to get it to work for Character Animator.

My best guess is that only those two applications will trigger the plugin installation when running the NDI Tools installer. Once it installs though, it shows on the other apps too. I suspect that this is the solution to the older version too.

Hope this helps someone out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or macOS?

Do you only have Character Animator installed, or also another app like Premiere Pro or After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a bug with NDI and 2020?"
Not that I know of.

Like Jeff said, we'll need to know Mac vs. Win to help troubleshoot. If you're on Windows, try using NDI Test Patterns and NDI Video Monitor to see if NDI is working on your system outside of Adobe. On Mac, NDI Scan Converter should be able to send a signal to NDI Video Monitor as well.

Feel free to contact me directly through a forum DM.

Thanks,

Dan R. 
CH QA

Topics

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will double check that ndi scan patterns are working Dan, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan - tested the test patterns (ha!) and working great between the two windows machines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whare can i find NDI TEST for mac i have tha same problem i get black window in ndi monitor thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team, apologies on not putting my OS! Running Windows 10.

I've got premiere, after effects, audition, pretty much the rest of the suite installed.

There was a thread that said that premiere needed to be installed and it was already installed (as we're the rest). When I go into the folder where the plugins are, no .prm files to be found at all for character animator or for either of the other two apps that I know are NDI compatible.

Sorry for the jumble, replying on mobile to maybe get the gears turning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!

Stay tuned. It looks like we've got an in house repro on a clean Windows VM.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Daniel! Was going crazy thinking it was just me! I'm blown away by the responsiveness of you guys! Thank you for everything you do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any updates to the solution on this? I am struggling to get the NDI option in the live output section on Charcter Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I'm scouring every thread for information on this! On WIndows 10, with no NDI plugins (or anything but the dummy file) in my Mediacore folder. I have installed NDI, NDI plugin for Obs and NDI tools. I see NDI is releasing a Creative Cloud compatiable version next month. Right now I am just trying to figure our what files I need to put in the directory. And where they might be.

Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Newtek NDI Toolkit from memory (Windows 10). It Just Worked after that... but it was a few years back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video from my vintage https://youtu.be/UmNpU_k94Gk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NDI 5 was recently released (https://ndi.tv/). If you install NDI Tools from this updated version, does it make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed NDI 5 and am having the same issue on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll reply to myself. I had to install either Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe After Effects first and then reinstall NDI Tools to get it to work for Character Animator.

My best guess is that only those two applications will trigger the plugin installation when running the NDI Tools installer. Once it installs though, it shows on the other apps too. I suspect that this is the solution to the older version too.

Hope this helps someone out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing that. Yeah, it sounds like it's an inssue with the NDI Tools installer not recognizing the latest Windows Registry entries that indicator where to place the NDI plugin on disk. The plugin gets placed in a shared locations so that Ae and Pr can also use it, and maybe their installer is only aware of the registry entries that they create. I'm glad there's this workaround. Thanks for sharing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines