Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One pupil shoots out of range

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

First time posting here, but I'm hoping you can help.  I'm rigging my first character and for some reason the pupil on the right side of my character won't stay in bounds despite having the Right Pupil Range tag.  The left is working fine.  They seem to be rigged appropriately.  Any idea what could cause this?  If I remove the tag the pupil stays in place (but doesn't move) which is less than ideal.

HELP.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange. The most common problem is a stray tag on one of the layers getting it confused. If you look at the behaviors for face that controls the eyes, there are sections like View and Handles (sorry, not at computer - cannot remember exact name). These are useful for debugging. They show what layers got bound to - expand that section (little arrow when clicked on expands the section) and see if anything unusual / different between left and right eyes. Eg a typo can cause the tagging to be missed.

My other suggestion is to work through a blog post i wrote a while ago for the most common problems i have seen. It might give a hint, but your problem sounds different. My guess however is there is a stray extra tag at a higher level that is causing the pupil range to be different for the two eyes. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines