• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only One Cycle Layers Per Group Allowed?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to have my character do a cycle layers, one direction, then after some time do it the other direction.  Pause doesn't seem to be working.  My character, a news anchor, is holding papers in his hand.  The cycle layers is used to animate him bringing the papers up close to read them.  After a time, he needs to return his hand to its normal position or run the cycle in reverse.

I have his normal arm with papers as one group, and the cycle layers as another, so I could swap set them.  It works fine going one direction.  I figured I'd try to add a second cycle behavior to the group, to cycle in the reverse direction, but I don't see how to trigger it.  Adding a group with two cycle behaviors to a swap set doesn't allow you to select which cycle behavior to trigger, so they both trigger.

I know the pause option is way easier, but it doesn't seem to work here.  Does the trigger for a paused cycle behavior have to be an actual trigger?  My cycle starts when triggered by a swap set.  But when I hit the swap set trigger a second time to have it continue after pause, nothing happens.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, to make it hold, there is no pause option that I am aware of. But when we use cycle layers behavior, we have a setting "advance every X frame." This means that we will hold every layer for a certain time. So if you duplicate the layer, it will be on the screen twice as long. So copy/pasting the last frame until the pause is long enough can be an idea to pause.

Also, if you set the "hold on last layer" checkbox to true and set pause-layers --> continue after --> when triggered. And lastly set forward and reverse to true.

This way we will hold on last layer and can flip back manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try creating a swap set for all of the actions that you want that appendage to perform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it sounds like you might have latch on when you swap, Latch is waiting to hear from that trigger again. Check out this video (start at the 3:20 mark) about advanced rigging. - (10) Advanced Rigging: Monster Camp (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines