• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only one eye blinks on all my characters?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! So I've just started using Character Animator recently and just about everything is making sense to me except one thing. I draw my characters in Illustrator and label all the layers appropriately but when I bring them into Character Animator, only one of their eyes will blink properly - always the right one. The right eye will blink with the eyelids and show the eyelashes over it which is what I want. The left eye will only blink using the eyelids for some reason. Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.07.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.07.13 AM.png

I've attached the two pictures, one showing how I laid it all out and the other shows what it's coming up as in the scene. This happens to all my characters and I don't know why

Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put the blinks inside the eye groups - Left Eye and Right Eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone wanting the blinks outside the Eye group (for instance if you want the pupils and eyeballs behind the face but the blinks obviously in front), you can rename them "Lids Closed" or "Closed Lids" and they will work with a trigger.

This is another instance where folder structure and auto tagging gets in the way. I wish there was a simple Settings preference to turn auto tagging off or to tie whatever layer I want to certain performance behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines