• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only Puppets head is visible in "Record" mode.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I'm new to Character Animator [I'm only using it for a university task], and for some reason my puppets body and crown I created won't show up in Record mode but are visible in Rig mode. I checked they're both actually turned on with the eye symbol but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Any help?

Thanks in advanced!

picture 1.JPG

picture 2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see a Frontal profile? So when the puppet is facing front (the default) the other profiles are hidden and the head is hidden. I think you can just add a Frontal tag onto one of the other profiles that you consider to be the front and it will start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now noticing that I named the layer "Front Quarter" instead of Frontal- this may help;  I shall change it and see if that changes anything! Thank's for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I changed the Folder name to "Frontal" and it doesn't seem to have solved it unfortunately; but I'm grateful you pointed my naming error out as that would probably cause an issue later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the tags. CH automatically creates tags from layer names during imports, but its the tag that behaviors uses to identify purpose, not the layer name. So renaming a layer will normally work, but not always.

You can export a puppet using “Export Puppet” from the menu then upload to google drive or similar and share a link if you want someone else to have a look. its generally pretty simple, but can be tricky to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I fixed it? I moved the "Body" Folder in with the "Frontal" group and it seems to have resolved itself- but thank you so much for your help regardless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines