Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open puppet in photoshop

Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry, this might be a stupid question but how do you open a puppet in Photoshop? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is “Edit Original” in the menus to start up Photoshop (or Illustrator if applicable) on the artwork file referenced by a puppet. The path name is in the puppet properties (single click on puppet, then look at properties panel over on the right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm not quite following what you are saying.  Could you post screenshots? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you go. Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not near a computer just now so cannot do a screenshot. Maybe later tonight can help there.

But how about a step backwards. When you say “puppet”, what do you have?

The reason I ask is there is the puppet artwork (a photoshop or illustrator file) and then there are puppets inside Character Animator. These take an artwork file and add rigger for Character Animator to control the artwork (move arms etc). You can export puppets in an interchange format (a “xxx.puppet” file). But puppets only really exist inside Character Animator - there is no external file to edit. You edit projects that contain puppets.

So when I say “Edit Original”, I assume you are inside Character Animator and have clicked on a puppet to select it.

If you want some tutorials, I have a series of screenshares etc linked from https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/  - these start from scratch. They can be a bit slow, but you can always fast forward yourself through the boring bits. I decided to record EVERY step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines