• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL problem won't allow Character Animator to work

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have pretty much tried everything. I tried updating my graphics driver to the latest version (Intel HD Graphics 3000). I made sure my display was set to True Color (32 bit). My remote desktop connection setting is at the highest setting (32 bit). And I've tried launching the app after closing every other application on my computer. I'm assuming that my processor and graphics driver are just too outdated since I purchased my computer in 2012. Any help would be appreciated. Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Unfortunately, if you have the latest driver, then it likely means that required OpenGL support we need to composite and warp images isn't available.  Any newer machine will support Character Animator, but these earlier Intel graphics cards often don't have the driver support we need.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the symptoms?  Does a dialog appear that says "OpenGL setup failed - the Scene panel will likely be blank. Updating your graphics card driver may fix this issue. See adobe.com/go/ch_opengl for details."  Are you running via a Remote Desktop connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have that exact pop up and no I am not running on a RDC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, if you have the latest driver, then it likely means that required OpenGL support we need to composite and warp images isn't available.  Any newer machine will support Character Animator, but these earlier Intel graphics cards often don't have the driver support we need.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines