Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimal puppet file size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CA community,

I'm working on 2 puppets for some children's content. I'm at the rigging stage and I'm hoping to create 2 puppets with walking, head turning and a few triggers as well. I'm almost finished one puppet and the original PS file is now 23MB and I'm noticing some performance issues. I understand there are many variables involved with everyones unique set ups and requirements but is there anyway we could get some kind of "artwork size guide" or "suggested artwork size" for optimal performance so that these things can be accounted for before getting this far into a project?

I think I'll be able to make my puppets work, and OkaySamurai's new video about sharable puppets is going to change a lot for me (didn't know about that feature! awesome), I just think it might be nice having even some kind of bench mark to aim for.

(Also, if it already exists, can some one link me up because I cant find it anywhere?!)

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t know about the optimal performance, but you can think about the zoom in factor you need on your puppet and pick a resolution based on that. Eg a 50,000 pixel high puppet that you only show full body (not zoomed in on face) can be lower res. Or have two copies of same puppet at different resolutions

there are are also some scene settings on resolution and I think playback frame rate to speed up playback.

Personally I do not reduce fps or resolution if needed for quality. I decide in final quality then optimize what I can for that.  I also use vector art on theory it scales better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines