• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option of 'Not seeing' existing handle and stick tools, when I click on puppet in rigging.

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Title may be a bit vague, hopefully can clarify here. 

Example, when I click on the left/right arms of the puppet is there an option in not seeing the existing handle and stick tools? 
I want to create a new set of handle and stick tools, however the outline of the exisitng ones are always visible (with a blue rectangle around the whole arm). Possible to assist please?

I don't want to lose the existing handle and stick tools, just want to edit the puppet with the exisitng tools turned off, so as to create different movements for my puppet. 

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are on the same mesh you cannot turn them off without deleting them.

You could "duplicate" the puppet inside ch (from menu) and put different sticks etc on the puppet (it will share the artwork file still)...

Itherwise you would have to mess with independence swap sets etc to have two sets of arms or whatever with different sticks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Alan.

I managed to make it work, my puppet can now move his hands/arms infront of his face (rather then just moving at the back).

however, when I switch back to moving his arms 'behind' his head the arms stretch excessively .. I put the strechiness to 0% still no joy. In front of the face is fine no stretching issues. Please assist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy? Also look and the handles section of the ik limb behavior - it might have only found one arm. Maybe you need a second one (not sure to be honest)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

Meant to reply back, as I haven't worked on the character for a while. I'll mess around with it, take on board what you wrote and if anything I'll come back to you. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines