• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapping The Dragger

Engaged ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I make a waving hand and then the hand moves to the chest like when you introduce yourself. Then I realized the movement to the chest after the wave is not really good, but the waving hand is very good. I know I can do a second take and then make a transition. But here's a problem, because I am going to take another live data, the arm and the hand return to the rest A initial position. That makes me unable to project the position after the waving hand to make a continues movement of the hand to the chest. My question is how can I have something like "inbetween" in the traditional frame by frame animation?

Hope you get what I mean

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

There is a common problem that occurs here, and I am guessing you hit it. When you arm the dragger behavior, it does not show the old dragger recordings. If you record a new one, the draggers in that take will override any previous recordings. But its hard to get it all to line up because you cannot see the old recording.

There is a trick you can do here. If you add a second Dragger behavior to your puppet, you can disarm the first dragger behavior and arm the second one. If I do this, I might u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a common problem that occurs here, and I am guessing you hit it. When you arm the dragger behavior, it does not show the old dragger recordings. If you record a new one, the draggers in that take will override any previous recordings. But its hard to get it all to line up because you cannot see the old recording.

There is a trick you can do here. If you add a second Dragger behavior to your puppet, you can disarm the first dragger behavior and arm the second one. If I do this, I might use one behavior for the left hand, one for the body, another for the right hand. That way I always know where the recording for a dragger is, and arming that dragger does not hide the other recordings.

In your case, having a second dragger behavior might help. Just arm the second one when you overwrite the first recording. I think it should work... but I am not sure what will happen if two behaviors have recordings for the same dragger handle at the same time. I am not sure which one will win, because the two recordings will be on different behaviors. But it will at least show all the other draggers correctly. You might have to manually delete the recorded take for the dragger in the first behavior by hand if it plays up.

But having two dragger behaviors definitely can work and is quite handy for complex situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never thought of having two behaviors for a same dragger. I think it will work. I will try it out. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this behavior intentional of the dragger? I come from After Effects, Premiere Pro Background, and can't get behind the fact, that you can't keyframe/edit draggers manually. It makes me lose my mind! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines