Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay Adobe character in my video

New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to take a character from Adobe character animator and overlay it in my a Premier Pro project. Currently, the character has a black background but I would like it to be transparent when inserted in Premier Pro.

Thanks for help in advance.

Coco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background looks black in Character Animator, but it should be transparent when taken into Pr Pro or After Effects.

Try dragging the scene from Character Animator into Premiere Pro for a quick look,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With dynamic link this should just work - if you drag or import a .chproj into Premiere, it should bring in the character with transparency, which you can then add as a new track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, when I do this, it still shows as a black background.

Coco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you repeatedly click the background button at the bottom right of the Ch scene? Can you get the transparent checkered background that denotes transparency?

Background.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason that should happen is if your scene actually had a black background in the PSD or AI layers. The background color in CH is just a visual reference and shouldn't have any effect on the dynamic link. So I'd say check your scene and make sure there isn't a stray background layer somewhere. This video shows how to do it with After Effects, but Premiere should be the same. https://youtu.be/-wQZBZQMfLs?t=15m49s

Worst case scenario, you can do the file > export > png sequence and wav, which also makes an xml file you can import into PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a green background behind your character, and in your video editing software simply remove the green.

works like a charm.

in case your character has green color in it, select a color that is not on your charecter as a bacground and do the same as if it was a green screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keirap,

This works great for me. Use the File => Export => "Video with Alpha via Media Encoder" selection. This creates a .mov file with an Apha Channel. I take this directly into Premier Pro and plat it above my "Video". Works like a charm.

Be well fellow puppeteer.  Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines