Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particile & triggers

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to make it so when triggered particles fall from the top of screen like the snow option..I have the particle set to "point n shoot" but the issue is that I manually move my characters arms and when doing so this triggers the particles to drop, it happens on all the other settings too..I've even setup a trigger but nothing happens with clicked...can't seem to work it out..

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain again? It sounds like you're saying that you want your particles to fall from the top of the scene like the snow setting does, but that you want want the setting to be point and shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it didnt make sense..I want to be able to move my characters arm manually without setting off the point n shoot setting everytime..example: character is talking I am doing hand movements etc then when I hit trigger I want the particiles to drop. 

I can not get it to work with triggers..so everytime I click on my character it drops things from the top...which I dont want, as it means I can't move my character manually..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just curious - do the particles falling from the sky need to be in the same puppet? E.g. does it need to follow the puppet around? Why not have a separate puppet and then just arm one puppet or the other? Could you explain the effect you are trying to achieve a bit more?  Point and shoot is normally for shooting particles from the puppet so maybe you do need them together...

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behaviors-reference.html#Particles i

if you scroll down (ignore the first screenshot - its lipsync!?!? I think an error in the manual! Lol!) the second screenshot shows a Particles behavior expanded. You might noticed the "mouse and touch" setting is armed in the screen shot. Have you tried turning this off? This enables/disables the mouse from triggering the particles effect. You need it for point and shoot as the position you click on the screen is where it aims - but for others, keyboard triggers should work fine. (Sorry, I have never used it on a real project.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines