Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particle problem with Head Turner

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anyone,

Firstly I would like to say I am loving Character Animator so quick to develop and for beta I have had no problems so far.

I am however struggling with the particle behavior working with multiple head turns this is no doubt a problem with how I have layers displayed but I can't seem to figure this out or find many tutorials on particles.

Ok so the problem is I have a fish, a bit similar to 'Finn' the fish but created in Illustrator. I wan't to be able to trigger a bubble at any point with my mouse. The problem I have found is that because I have multiple heads (Frontal, Right Profile, Right Profile etc...)  I have had to add the particle behavior to the bubble layer on all of the heads. This has seemed to work up to a point and I get lots of bubbles (one from each layer I think - not ideal)  but one bubble does not die and is always there as the scene begins and ends, without being triggered.

ForumQuestion.jpg

I have tried using a key instead but this does not work at all, I have tried hiding the layers.

I am starting to think I have approached this all wrong and should instead create a bubble character and bring it into the scene that way?

Suggestions would be appreciated I have only been using this software a week and it's just a practice fish but i 'need' to fix this for my own sanity!

Many Thanks

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm good question - I haven't used particles too extensively, and definitely not with head turning yet! Yes, For a system like this, where a bubble could rise but then have its parent group removed when a view changes, it may make the most sense to do the system outside of head turning so you don't run into weird conflicts. A separate bubble puppet might be the way to go - or if you add it into a group above the head and have them coming from the general mouth area (although this might not line up exactly how you want it with each view) - but if you're doing it manually with the mouse click anyway, you probably want a certain level of control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's Dave,

I will try that next and tell you how I get one.

Andy

p.s. Love your videos they have been extremely helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the unwanted particle that you're still seeing is the original emitter layer, try changing the Particle parameter called "Emitter Opacity" from 100% down to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines