• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not opening when launch new Ch project

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to start my first Ch project following Adobe's "Creating A Basic Face" tutorial.  Ch opens and everything works fine until I try to edit the character in Ps.  Photoshop is not opening when I launch a new project and hitting "EDIT" and then "Edit Original" brings up nothing at all. If I understand the tutorial correctly Ps should launch along with Ch, but its not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people have resolved this problem by re-installing Photoshop. Its like something else jumps in aNd takes over the .psd file extension. Reinstalling Photoshop was an easy way to fix it.

Basically (on Windows at least), CH starts up Photoshop in the same way as opening windows explorer and double clicking on a file. If some other tool has snuck in or the file extension binding has been lost for some reason, CH will fail to start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the Mac, it's a fairly direct pass through to the OS to open the artwork file with the associated program as well. Those associations seem to outright break less often on the Mac, though it can get confused there as well, especially if there are several versions available.

In any case, if you right click and choose "Reveal in Finder/Explorer" (Mac/Win respectively) it should point the file to be opened at least. If you find that double clicking on that file works, then it would be interesting to figure out how/why that's the case.

You may also be able to fix this by choosing Open With... and using the options to always open files of this type with (in this case) Photoshop, which is the key part that the re-install is doing and is probably faster to do that without actually laying down all the bits again, though it is possible there are other more subtle issues that are not configured correctly which a re-install would also fix.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines