pin a character on another in CA

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to pin a character i have developed to a second character so the physics of their movements match. basically tring to pin a parrot on a pirates shoulder. both characters will have lips sync to different lines. is something like this possible?

thank yall

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I tried to get a butterfly sitting on a flower, with the flower swaying in the wind (so butterfly sticks to flower) the best way I found was to have the butterfly a part of the flower. I actually wanted it to fly as well, so I had a separate puppet for the flying butterfly, then hid it and revealed the one on the flower using a trigger.

With magnets you might be able to do it better now, but you still need the parrot in the same puppet as the pirate I think to make them stick together.

To get both to talk, you then remove the default Face behavior from the root of the puppet (and the LipSync) and add two behaviors - one to the Pirate Head and one to the Parrot Head, so they don't collide with each other. You then arm one or the other when recording.

That is, a puppet can have multiple heads no problems - just add a separate Face, LipSync, etc behavior per head and arm the one you want to work at any point in time (that is, record one then rewind playhead and record the other). Or arm both heads if you want them to sing together! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines