Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play back not working

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having an issue while playing back an animation after recording. File is too big to attatch so i have linked the video in my google drive. After I make a recording and want to view and potentially make changes I cannot view it properly unless I export. Also I cannot edit a recording because of the unresponsive playback. I am forced to completely re-do scenes/recordings.

I confirmed with the creator of this puppet that it is functioning properly and it's a playback issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1C92u8v8BWEW22mtQ6v716iL5PZxbkX/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance,

Josh

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To properly watch playback, disarm the puppet in the timeline (turn off the red dot) and start at 0:00. Refreshing the scene at 0:00 might be a good idea as well. If you try this and it still doesn't work, please let us know.

You will not always get accurate playback all the time when starting from non-starting times, because many things in Character Animator are simulations and not baked into the timeline, like Physics and Walk. My guess is that by scrubbing around you are getting into a trigger or replay state where it locks into place and isn't turning "off" like it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamurai,

First off I'm a big fan of your video's they're awesome!

Thanks for the the feeback. Doing what you suggested really helps alot, never thought to disarm the puppet. Playback is still a bit buggy though and I'm wondering if with a puppet with all the modifications effect it's usage. Could it be the more complex a puppet becomes, the more issues it starts causing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would check against some of the example puppets and see if you're running into the same issue with them, that might help determine if it's an issue of just your one puppet (which would suggest rigging issues) or several (which would suggest hardware limitations).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines