• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poses are all weird after 1.5 update

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I animate my characters, I start by recording a single frame "base pose" and then add gestures over the top. So under my Properties panel, I have a Main Pose Behavior and a Gestures behavior.

When I record my single frame for my Main Pose and then play it back, it looks different (see below). This happens for pretty much any pose I do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pose.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another example. The gavel isn't even in his hand anymore. Not sure if maybe something was changed in my rig when I updated or if this is a bug.

Fame.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, would it be possible to export a .puppet file for the puppet (File > Export > Puppet), then post a shared link to it via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. so that we can diagnose what might be occurring? You can send a direct message with the link if preferred.

Also, what's your scene's frame rate?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a tight schedule and had to revert back to 1.1 to meet a deadline. But I'll share a link to the puppet anyways.

Frame rate was at 29.97.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the puppet. I'm able to reproduce the issue in 1.5 -- using the new scene snapshot feature helps to compare here -- and early indications seem like its pointing to some interaction with the Physics [Bow Tie] and Physics [Stache] behaviors. If I disable them (i.e., turn the eyeball off), I don't see a difference. Needs more investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. At least now I know I'm not losing my mind 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not losing your mind. I've reduced your project to a state where the Physics behavior being active on the bow tie causes the problem. The bow tie is an independent layer so I'm at a loss why this is affecting the arm which is on a completely different independent layer. We've filed an internal bug here at Adobe and will have a developer look at it ASAP.

THANKS so much for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it. I'll follow up when I know more.

Dan R.

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case useful, I am seeing something that is a bit similar. I have a scene recorded in the previous version. (The darker band at the bottom is the movie player, not a problem in the video.)

In v1.5 you can see more problems with hand positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more detail in case helpful. I made the body transparent to see the hands easier. Here are the standard hand positions before applying draggers.

Here is the v1.5 generated video. See the hands seem to be pointing in the original at rest directions,

1-3-05 helen walking to bench.gif

This is a pretty simple puppet - rigging.

Only independent groups are the pigtails - everything else just one big artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can provide this or other example .puppet files, we can include them in our investigation. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to upload the files soon, but I tried to drag and record the hands over the top in the old scene and they came out fine. So it seems to be something about the 1.4 recording of draggers and hand positions that when converted from 1.4 to 1.5 went funny. Note not all recordings went funny - some are fine as well. (So this might be different to the previous issue.)  I will try to upload the 1.4 version of the project when I get a chance.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff Almasol. Just wondering if any update on this one. Do you think a patch may come that will correct old takes, or should I plan on re-recording all the scenes which now have strange hand positions? Any timeline guidance? (I don't want to re-record things if a patch is coming soon.) Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our devs are still investigating it. We might have more info to share in the coming days. I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines